Comcast Business continues to meet the needs of companies across its Twin Cities and Kansas City service areas through aggressive network investments and the introduction of advanced product technologies. In the past two years, Comcast has invested more than $40 million in expanding its region-wide advanced services network, providing organizations of all sizes with the tools to compete more effectively in today’s global economic landscape.
“Whether in a major downtown area or suburban development district, businesses need network-based services that are reliable and scalable to compete on a global basis,” said Kalyn Hove, vice president, Comcast Business, Twin Cities Region. “Over the past two years, our $40 million investment has ranged from targeted ventures to commercial network expansions, underscoring Comcast’s dedication to enable businesses to thrive and meet their capacity needs, both now and into the future.”
Over the past two years, Comcast Business investments include:
- More than $6 million in network expansion in downtown Minneapolis, bringing greater competitive choice to hundreds of new businesses.
- More than $1.7 million in network investments in the suburban Kansas City area, making fiber-based services available to hundreds of business for the first time.
- Introduction of ubiquitous 1-Gigabit internet service to Twin Cities and Kansas City area businesses using Comcast’s existing network, without the need for costly and disruptive construction of new facilities.
- Activation of enterprise-level Comcast Business ActiveCore℠ SDN platform, the first cable-delivered, gigabit-ready SDN platform allowing businesses to manage networks, systems and costs across multiple locations.
- Launch of Connection Pro, the first automatic 4G wireless backup internet connection for small businesses that helps keep essential business functions going during power outages or network disruptions.
Looking ahead, Comcast Business plans to invest more than $18 million in network expansions in the Twin Cities and Kansas City suburban markets in 2018.
To learn more about the many services offered by Comcast Business, go to www.business.comcast.com.